How to Set Python Path in Windows24 June 2023
In this tutorial we discussed the major steps to set your environmental path variable. If you are seeing this type of error in your terminal – Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.
So there are two major reasons:-
- Python is not installed.
- The Python Path is not set.
So, in this tutorial we can see that how easily you set your python file path in windows because your Python program and executable code can reside in any directory of your system, therefore Operating System provides a specific search path that index the directories Operating System should search for executable code. The Path is set in the Environment Variable of My Computer properties:
To set path follow the steps:
- Right click on my Computer.
- Go to properties.
- Go to Advanced System Settings.
- Go to Environmental Variables.
Or simply search in windows search box Edit the System Environmental variables
Just click on Open and Open the system variable.
- Click on advanced Setting.
- After that Click on Environmental Variables.
- Click on New button of user variable.
- Now write path in Variable name.
- After that Copy the path of Python Folder where you store the python files.
- Paste the Copied Path of Python Files.
- Now just Click on OK button.
- Click on OK Button
After Setting it all you can easily run your python files.
Just go in your windows terminal and Run your python files easily.
Thanks for reading. We hope that you like this post. If you have any queries related to this article, leave a comment down below!
You may also like these :-
Hey there, I’m Anshul Pal, a tech blogger and Computer Science graduate. I’m passionate about exploring tech-related topics and sharing the knowledge I’ve acquired. With two years of industry expertise in blogging and content writing, I’m also the co-founder of HVM Smart Solution. Thanks for reading my blog – Happy Learning!